This report contains data drawn from surveys of LGBTQ youth describing criminalization, stories of Black transgenderwomen from various backgrounds, a timeline of events for the campaign, recommendations from the community, and next steps for BreakOUT!
This report was created to further our mission -- to end the criminalization of LGBTQ youth inNew Orleans! This document is a manifestation of love, hard labor/research, bravery, and vulnerability of BreakOUT! members and theentire community. This report is a call for equal treatment and creating or strengthening support structures whichpromote mobility in the areas of safety, housing, health, education, and employment. We hope this report will help yourise to action- or at least support the young people who are organizing against forces which continue to exploit, harm, andoverall enslave us in the criminal justice system.
- Funded by
- Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
- Cricket Island Foundation
- Criminal Justice Initiative of the Solidago Foundation
- Foundation For A Just Society
- Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Hill-Snowden Foundation
- Liberty Hill Queer Youth Fund
- Sociological Initiatives Foundation
- Tides Out-of-Home Youth Fund
- Trans Justice Funding Project
- Document type
- Copyright 2014 by National Council on Crime and Delinquency. All rights reserved.