This curriculum is the product of a convening of over 20 black-led base-building organizations who came together to discuss the implications of bail and bail reform on black communities across the country.
A subset of convening participants formed a working group that developed this curriculum. We understandending bail as a limited, but necessary step, towards ending the mass criminalization and incarceration ofour communities. Together we seek to ensure that communities most impacted by oppressive policing andincarceration are centered as experts in formulating alternatives to pretrial detention and incarceration.
- Published by
- Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
- Color of Change
- The Movement for Black Lives
- Project NIA
- Southerners on New Ground (SONG)
- Document type
- North America / United States
- Copyright 2017 by Color of Change. All rights reserved.