In the 25 years since LA County Sherrifs established the nation's first gang database, and 30 years since LA County implemented the nation's first gang injunctions, there has been almost no release of data regarding gang supression policies - including who's impacted, let alone an evaluation of their cost or effectiveness.
This report represents the most comprehensive data ever released regarding who is on the Cal Gang Database by county, age and race. We don't say this out of pride, but out of concern for the total lack of state and local transparency in regards to the implementation of gang supression. It is our intention to expose these policies and practices to the light of community evaluation and oversight.
- Published by
- youth Justice Coalition
- Document type
- Copyright 2012 by youth Justice Coalition. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Dangerously Out of Bounds: Tasers in Nebraska
- Our Homes are Not Battlefields
- Protecting Equity: The Consortium for Police Leadership in Equity Report on the San Jose Police Department
- Linked data add horizontal_rule