In 2021, Gente Organizada released a first-of-its-kind report on racial profiling practices in local law enforcement in the City of Pomona. Pomona Police Department's Crusade Against Black and Latinx Youth presents clear evidence of the Pomona Police Department (PPD)'s longstanding history of discrimination and harassment focused on BIPOC youth.
Using quantitative data sourced from the PPD, the 18-page report examines trends in the arrests of young people— both juveniles and transitional-aged adults— under the age of 25 between January 2016 and June 2020. In addition to highlighting racial disparities in policing, the report also calls out patterns in youth arrests according to race, sex, charge level, and charge categories.
- Published by
- Gente Organizada
- Document type
- Copyright 2021 by Gente Organizada. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Gun Violence, Policing, and Young Communities of Color
- Student Safety Act Reporting 2016 in Review
- Student Safety Act Reporting 2017 in Review
- Linked data add horizontal_rule