Police expenditures include spending on police, sheriffs, state highway patrols, and other governmental departments charged with protecting public safety.
Corrections expenditures are for the operation, maintenance, and construction of prisons and jails, as well as the activities of probation officers and parole boards.
- Published by
- Urban Institute
- Issue areas
- Crime and Safety
- Document type
- North America / United States
- Copyright 2017 by Urban Institute. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- New York, New York: Highlights of the 2019 Bail Reform Law
- Rational and Transparent Bail Decision Making: Moving from a Cash-Based to a Risk-Based Process
- Stop and Frisk's Effect on Crime in New York City
- Linked data add horizontal_rule